We all know the importance of folic acid before and during pregnancy. We also know that a certain percentage of women are at risk of not properly metabolizing folic acid to l-methylfolate, its biologically active form and developing a folate deficiency that might be dangerous during such a delicate phase for the women.
VitaDHA® Materna contains l-methylfolate combined with omega-3 DHA, so essential for the development of the brain and the eye of the foetus and of the breast feeding infants.
- Women who are planning a pregnancy and during pregnancy and lactation.
- Health Benefits
- DHA: is a fundamental nutrient during pregnancy both for the mother and the foetus since is the main omega-3 fatty acid contained in the nervous structures. It is selectively accumulated within the brain during the growth and expansion of the cerebral cortex in the perinatal period. DHA maternal intake contributes to the normal brain and visual development of the foetus and breastfed infants with a daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake for omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA of 250 mg*.
- L-methylfolate (as 5MTHF glucosamine Quatrefolic®) is the active form of folic acid that does not need any enzymatic activation to be absorbed from the body. Quatrefolic® has been shown to have greater stability and bioavailability compared to any other form of L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate. Folate contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and to normal homocysteine metabolism**
- * Commission Regulation (EU) 440/2011 of 06/05/2011
- ** Commission Regulation (EU) 432/2012 of 16/05/2012
- Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.
- 30 softgels, 1 month supply.
- Recommended dosage
- 1 softgel daily.
|Nutritional Information||1 softgel|
|Total omega-3 fatty acids
|Folate (equal to 741 mcg of Quatrefolic®)||400 mg|