When it comes to managing high blood cholesterol levels, statin therapy is normally not the first step. Cardiol® is a food supplement designed to help normalizing cholesterol levels along with lifestyle changes that are usually recommended.
Thanks to its unique combination of omega-3 EPA and DHA with monacolin K from red yeast rice other synergetic ingredients, Cardiol® has shown in a pilot clinical trial to lower LDL cholesterol for up to 24,5%.
- Adult population.
- Health Benefits
- Omega 3 EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart with a daily intake of 250 mg of EPA and DHA and to the maintenance of blood pressure with a daily intake of 3 g of EPA and DHA*.
- Monacolin K is a statin-like natural component of the red yeast rice obtained from the fermentation of rice (Oryza sativa L.) with Monascus purpureus. A daily intake of 10 mg of monacolin K contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels*. Certified citrinin free.
- Bioflavonoids of Citrus: clinical studies have shown that they have a cholesterol-lowering effect.
- Resveratrol: is a component extracted from Polygonum cuspidatum a plant that supports regular cardiovascular function**.
- Policosanols: are extracted from rice bran and clinical studies have shown their potential effectiveness in reducing high cholesterol.
- Coenzyme Q10: is an antioxidant involved in energy processes and protection of cells from free radical damage. Research has shown that coenzyme Q10 may enhance cardiac muscle function. It is advisable to increase intake during supplementation with monacolin K.
- B-complex Vitamins: contribute to the normal energy metabolism and work synergistically in maintaining normal homocysteine levels*.
- * Commission Regulation (EU) 432/2012 of 16/05/2012
- ** Commission Regulation (EU) 536/2013 of 11/06/2013
- 30 softgels, 1 month supply.
- Recommended dosage
- 1 softgel.
|Nutritional Information||1 softgel|
|Total omega-3 fatty acids
|Rice (Oryza sativa L) fermented with
|Poligonum cuspidatum d.e. Resveratrol|
|Citrus reticulata L d.e.
|Oryza sativa L d.e.
|Coenzyme Q10||10 mg|
|Sesamum indicum L d.e.||5 mg|
|Vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols||5 mg|
|Folic Acid||300 mcg|
|Vitamin B3 (niacin)||27 mg|
|Vitamin B6||3 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2 mcg|
|Piper nigrum L d.e||1 mg|